Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What We Must Cut

President-elect Obama is promising to have his team go line-by-line in the budget and cut non-essential items. I have some suggestions for him.

1. Planned Parenthood
2. Nat'l Endowment For The Arts
3. Public Television

Planned Parenthood's government funding must come to an end today. The organization should have to go out and raise it's own funds. I refuse to do business with those who support PP.

National Endowment For The Arts is another organization I question why are we in the business of funding it? They should go after private funding.

Public Television is yet another. I support (and watch) public tv personally and hope others would as well. I do not believe it is the government's duty to use our tax dollars to support public tv.

We shouldn't be in the government-run/mandated healthcare business. This is sucking the life and resources out of our country. We will have to make some hard decisions in regards to budgeting.

There are many more areas in which we must cut and I'm ready to list them. Stay tuned. Earmarks are going to get HAMMERED, I promise!

Explanation of Budget (with pictures!)

No comments: